Can you use 36-030 without the metal part

A quick learner says:
The 36-030 did not look like the part I am looking for .. it might B if I don't use the metal part . My window has NO metal part
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named F488926A-8885-44A0-B5E2-BA77CBD6878E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 99E4969A-DC0B-4CAD-A5B9-BA5061B854DD.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that I don't recognize this part. I'm not sure what it does, either. Can you tell me what its function is? Can you also show me the hardware that interacts with it?

I can at least tell you that there is no version of the 36-030 that lacks that metal part, and it's not designed to be removed. I don't think this is what you need, just because it looks so different, but I can't say for sure without knowing what you have now.

A home owner from USA says:
I believe you have Anderson Windows Perma-Shield Awning Windows (1966 to 1996). Awning windows open from the bottom out. If it is a casement window (open out from the side) then this all still pertains but the model of window may be different. We just took all of our awning windows apart for a deep clean and painting. The part you are showing is actually a part of the hinge (the hardware attached to the sides of the window). The only way to replace the black piece is to replace the entire hinge set. The black thing slides into the track on the window frame itself (which you probably already know since you removed the sash). Do a web search for a *parts catalog* to help you find a replacement.

Part # 36-030 is the clip that holds the operator arm to the window itself. This is definitely not the piece in your picture.
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.