Can't find the part required

A home owner from Kunkletown, PA says:
The only number on it is a Patent #5,353,548 it is on both sides. the windows are going on 20 years they were ordered through some fly-by-night company all those years ago. The part looks like a S-161 with the end of it looks like the S-180
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230613_155544.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230613_160027.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230613_160035.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230613_160122.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230613_160412.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

Our 15-087 pivot shoe looks like a better match for what you have here. This part is designed to be used with the Series 180 coil springs. We also sell the 16-024 mounting bracket. Take a look at the specifications and see how they align with yours.

Detail of 15-087
Detail of 15-087

How do I figure the weight to get the right coil

Thank You!!!
Profile picture of Emily

There should be a stamped code on the band of the spring that will indicate what weight is needed. If there aren't any, you will have to divide the sash weight by the total number of springs in the window. 

Perfect, Sash weighs 10.8 lbs so should it be a S180-5 correct?
Profile picture of Emily

I agree! One S180-5 5-pound spring on each side of the window will total 10 pounds of overall support which should be fine as long as the coil weights are within a pound of your sash's actual weight. 

Again Thank you placing an order now!!
Profile picture of Emily

You got it! Thank you for your order! Please let me know if I can be of further help and best of luck with the repair!

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.