Casement Window Glazing Bead or Weather Strip

A home owner from Ohio says:
Hi,

My windows were manufactured in 1997. The only identifying mark I can find is for the Cardinal Glass. I need to replace the top glazing bead / weather strip (not sure which it's called). I've marked up one of my images with the approximate dimensions.

Thanks.
Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230430_100558.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230430_110651.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot_20230430-111034.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230501_110509.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I do not recognize the seal shown in your photos at first glance. I'm not sure if we'll be able to supply a suitable replacement but we would need to see an end profile photo of the seal fully removed from the window to determine how it installs. Thank you! 

A home owner from Ohio says:
Hi Casey,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the lengthy delay though in getting back to you.

I'm afraid I can't fully remove one of the seals as I'm not sure I could re-install it without causing new leaks around my windows. I have however taken several more pictures including a very good, clear picture of the end profile. The seal is attached with staples (pic included) to the inside, top of the casement window. In each pic with the tape measure I've measured starting from the one inch marker on my tape in order to show more clearly the correct dimensions.

Thanks,
Mike
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named STAPLES.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named VERTICLE OVER AND UNDER FLANGE LENGTHS.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named END PROFILE.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EXTERIOR TOTAL FLANGE HIDTH.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named HORIZONTAL FLANGE LENGTH.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. Unfortunately, we do not carry a replacement seal for casement windows that installs using staples. We do offer the 58-169 but the orientation differs from your seal and is normally used on doors. I'm sorry that we won't be able to offer more assistance but please let us know if you have any other hardware questions. Thanks for posting. 

Profile diagram of 58-169
Profile diagram of 58-169

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.