Casement stop device

A home owner from New South Wales says:
My Aluminium Casement window has the following window hardware
1) Interlock 3905 window support
2)Truth winder ( US pat 36149905560082 )

Problem When open a small amount the wind will catch the window and open the window to 90%. In a strong breeze it acts like a sail and ww are fortunate that the window has not blown off
Question. I am wanting to try a windows sash stop device to stop the widow opening. ( would the 39-398 be the product you recommend)
Also what is your part numbers to replace the truth and the interlock hardware
Any other recommendations would be great
Regards Kevin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sitting Room Downstairs MW Winder 20220204_164624.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220204_164039.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Reading your discussion, I'm thinking it could be that the operator is worn from wind abuse. I would suggest replacing the operator. See if the specifications of the 39-171 and 39-172 match up with your assembly. I also think the 39-398 device is worth considering. This is recommended to be used as a child deterrent, but in your case, it might help with the wind issue. Your exact hinge is no longer available, but if it is in good working order I would not replace it. However, if it does need to be replaced, I recommend the 36-048. Just make sure to replace the top and bottom hinges at the same time. 

How to Install a Sash Stop Device on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Install a Sash Stop Device on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.