Casement Window Locking Assembly

A contractor from Los Angeles CA says:
I'm looking for these parts for a casement window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Lock Hardware
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Casement Lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Missing Tie Bar
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! In the second and third photos, the window appears to be missing the tie bar. If the first photo is of a similar window, I'll need to see a photo of the entire tie bar from the window. I'll also need to know the exact length of the part as well.

Your casement window lock appears to be either the 38-095 Maxim Multi-Point Lock (Medium Slider) or the 38-096 Maxim Multi-Point Lock (Long Slider). To determine which of these is the right fit for your window, carefully review and compare the dimensions below. Both locks have a 3-13/16" installation hole measurement, from center to center.

Alternate view of 38-095
Alternate view of 38-095

Side view of 38-096
Side view of 38-096

The small plastic piece is the tie bar guide. Your guides looks like they can be replaced with the 39-448 Tie Bar Guide. Review and compare the dimensions to determine if this could work as a replacement.

Alternate view of 39-448 with dimensions
Alternate view of 39-448 with dimensions

Side view with dimensions for 39-448
Side view with dimensions for 39-448

SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Multi-Point Lock on a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing tie bar guides
Replacing tie bar guides
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.