Certain Teed

A quick learner from Upstate New York says:
Please see the attached pictures.
I cannot get the shoe out without breaking the metal post on that rest in the shoe. The picture above of the balance support has a number of H65 34/5M and the coil I think has a 10 with a J underneath. We believe the shoe is A1-87598.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid your photos didn't come though. Can you try re-uploading them here for us? 

Please see the attached pictures. I cannot get the shoe out without breaking the metal post on that rest in the shoe. The picture above of the Balance Support has a number of H65 34/5M and the coil I think has a 10 with a J underneath.

The other attached picture is of a shoe from a similar window. I believe the shoe may be A1-87598. The window sash is 17.9 pounds. Please give me a shout when you know the parts that I need to order from SWISCO. Questions please call 

John

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named unnamed-1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named unnamed.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you kindly for getting back to me, John. I can't be certain without seeing the pivot shoe removed but I suspect it may be the 15-192. For new supports, I recommend the 15-157 balance drum and either the 15-185 or 15-156 covers. You can also use one S170-409 9-pound spring on each side of the window. This would total 18 pounds of overall support. 

Emily,
what is the difference between the covers? In other words, define the narrow vs. the wide cover in dimensions, then I can compare to mine and ultimately make the decision. I will purchase the appropriate cover once I know the answer along with the following.
John
Profile picture of Emily

The difference between these two parts is the dimensions. They can be found on the 15-156 and 15-185 store pages but I'll also post them here for your convenience. 

Profile view of 15-185
Profile view of 15-185

Detail of 15-185
Detail of 15-185

Profile view of 15-156
Profile view of 15-156

Detail of 15-156
Detail of 15-156

Ok thank you
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.