Channel Balance 24 inches long, (metal part only), "2320" stamped on old part.

A quick learner from Deerfield Beach, FL says:
Please see photos above. Looks like Swisco S380-24 is the right part, but please verify. Stamped on part "2320".
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EndA1.jpg.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named End A2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named End B1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named End B2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named End B3.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

I'd say this looks like a match for our S377-24 channel balance with a 2320 stamp option. Look this over and see if you agree. 

A quick learner from Deerfield Beach, FL says:

Hello Emily,

Thanks for shipping the units quickly. They arrived today Jan 2, and I worked to install them, but found that with the balance units installed and in place, I was unable to re-install the window. It was as if the balance units were just a smidge too wide, preventing re-insertion of the window, which ALMOST did fit.

In order to get the units into their channel, I had to file down the little feet a bit. The photo attached shows the little feet on my original balance, they were smaller than those on your series 377 unit.

BOTTOM LINE - maybe I don't have the correct units? I ordered the 377 units you suggested.

Can you please help me?

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Original unit, end with hook.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey there. Emily isn't here today, but I'm happy to help as best as I can.

The Series 377 comes with the 1" deep 15-005 shoe, which is on the small side compared to other options. It's also pretty standard for balances like yours, but obviously not your case in particular. It seems that yours is a special configuration.

We do sell a smaller shoe, the 15-029, which is only 7/8" deep. However it's not a standard option so it would have to be a custom order. Basically it would be the same configuration as the Series 377 except it comes with a 15-029 shoe, instead.

Is that something that interests you? I'd be happy to set you up with a custom order link you can use. You can also return the balances you already bought for a refund.

If you're in a time crunch, filing down the shoes you already bought is totally feasible. I actually do that all the time whenever I think the balance shoes I pick are a little on the large side. 1/8" difference isn't much so a steady hand and a utility knife usually does the job. Just make sure to wear safety gloves if you go down that path, just in case. I'd be lying if I said I never nicked myself on accident, so better to be safe.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.