Channel Balance 30B TG BSIN

A quick learner from Msryland says:
Hello, I have windows that are either stuck closed with balance disconnected and up in the top part of the window or windows that just wont stay open. In some cases the clips on the bottom sash are broken.

I think I need to order new balances or new clips or both.
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

It indeed sounds like the balances are the culprit. I just can't make an ID from this information alone. Could you remove an undamaged balance from the window, along with the clips, and show us some photos? I may need more photos and information after that, but I have to know what to ask for first. Just something to keep in mind.

Hello thanks for responding. After further review it looks like the hook at the bottom of the window sash is broken so the balance won't stay connected. This put pressure on the plastic latches which break. I'm not sure what to order.

Added photos.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4291.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4288.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4290.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4281.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4292.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for the photos! We should be able to help with this. I'll just need to see a photo of the attachment or shoe that goes with this balance. It may still be in the window track but that's an important detail that we can't move forward without. Can you also show me a photo of the clip at the end of the pulley cord? 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4306.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4307.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4309.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4308.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4305.jpeg
Part number on balance shoe says 6,679,1000
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks so much for the additional photos! This is a huge help. My recommendation is the Series 795 and the 15-195B shoe (sold separately). You'll have to swap the default shoe with the 15-195B since yours has an open cam. The video below will show you how to do so.

Please note that this balance is mounted to the top of the window track using a screw so you'll just want to make sure the case is the same for yours. If your balance installs with a hook, please let me know! We can still help though it will just need to be a custom order. 

I also noticed that you show two different stamps in your photos: 36B and 30B. Can you confirm if they're from different windows or the same window? 

A quick learner from Maryland says:
Yes, One balance picture was from a different window.

I was only planning to replace the broken shoes, not the whole balance. Hopefully that's possible with 15-195B?
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for confirming! The 15-195B won't fit in your old metal channel, unfortunately. Our shoe lacks the recessed stem your old shoe has which is an important feature. The closest thing we have is the 15-236 but you'll notice this doesn't have a closed cam. I'm afraid you would need to replace the whole balance. 

Ok. I'll order the balance and shoe. I do have a screw at the top of the string and will need 30 and 36 as well.

Am I good to order what you suggested?
Profile picture of Emily

Hello, 

Yes, if the balance uses a screw for install, you can use the stock Series 795 channel balance, but will need to purchase the 15-195B open cam T-lock shoe separately and switch out before installation. 

Please review the S795-30 with a 30B stamp and the S795-36 with a 36B stamp option. Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Please note that the length and stamp will need to be the same per window sash. 

Thanks you so much for your help. One last question I think.

The balance comes with the 15-195B closed cam shoe. That won't work for me and I should order the open cam one? I'm not able to see the difference. What is the difference?

Thanks
Profile picture of Emily

Hello,

The stock Series 795 channel balance comes equipped with the 15-195 closed cam shoe. Since your original has an open style cam (see through), you will need to purchase the 15-195B style to switch out upon arrival. Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.