Channel Balance

A quick learner from Tennessee says:
I have several windows where the channel balance will no longer stay connected to the window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spring and pulley
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Stamp code
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to help but it looks like the bottom fitting that attaches to your metal channel may be missing. We would need to see that part as well, preferably removed from the window, to confirm the correct replacement. It would also help to see another direct photo of the metal pulley clip. Thank you! 

Hopefully this helps. If not let me know. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Missing cam
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance hook
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pulley hook
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. I can't be sure since the T-lock is damaged and still installed, but I suspect that you may have balances similar to the ones shown in another customers thread here. If so, we can supply replacements but they would need to be custom ordered. The balances would use a a ribbed channel with the dimensions shown below. It would also use the 15-230 T-lock shoes and 15-198 pulley clip for installation. If you agree that these balances match the specifications of your originals, we'll be happy to send over an order link and price quote for 32" long 32B stamp balances. We'll just need to confirm the exact number of balances that you need, with the minimum being two. 

Dimensions for 15-230
Dimensions for 15-230

Detail of 15-198
Detail of 15-198

Profile view of 15-198
Profile view of 15-198

Channel size
Will this help confirm? Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named T-lock channel
Profile picture of Casey

Your new photo does show an intact t-lock shoe but you would need to remove the assembly from the jamb to confirm if the dimensions from our last post match up to yours. 

Is there any easy way to remove it?
Profile picture of Casey

After carefully disengaging the hook from the top of the jamb, you'll carefully lower it to the top of the metal channel. Then, you'll tilt the top of the channel out of the jamb and twist the entire assembly to disengage the T-lock. 

Those should work. I need two 32 and ten 26

Thanks.
Profile picture of Casey

If you need 26" long versions of these balances we'd be happy to send over an order link for those as well but we will need to know the stamap code on the shorter channels as well. 

Here you go
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 26B stamp
Profile picture of Casey

Great, we just sent over order links and price quotes for the balances you requested. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. 

I just ordered the 2 - 32 ones to make sure they work. I know they should be because the items are non-refundable, I will wait and order the others once I confirm the first set works. Thanks
Profile picture of Casey

That sounds like a plan. Just let us know if you need anything else in the meantime. 

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.