Channel Balance Replacement

A quick learner from Ashburn, VA says:
I need to replace the channel balances is two tilt-out windows. Windows are the same size and manufacturer, and were installed in new construction in 2004. I've viewed your videos and looked at the available balances. My balances appear to be plain channel, 30"; stamp 30B; standard bottom and two strings looped on a screw. Window is 18.8 pounds. Please advise how to order. I will need 4 balances.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3152[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3156[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3155[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3154[1].JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. This looks like an S795-30 Channel Balance, stamped 30B. The only outstanding issue is the T-Lock Shoe at the bottom. The Series 795 comes by default with the 15-195 1-1/4" wide shoe attached. There are a number of other T-Lock Shoes that this balance Series uses, however, including the 15-194 1" wide shoe and 15-195B 1-1/4" shoe that has an open cam (this simply means you can see 'through' the back wall of it; this affects compatibility with different pivot bars). These other shoes are sold separately. Without seeing your balance and shoe removed from the window I can't confirm which of these you need. Please check. If it turns out you need a shoe other than the 15-195, the process of swapping out shoes is pretty simple. See the video below. Let me know if you have any questions.

A quick learner from Ashburn, VA says:

Thanks for the information. I removed the balance to check on the balance shoe. It looks like I have the 15-195 1-1/4" t-lock open shoe cam. I created an account and have figured out how to order the parts i need. Please advise if I am mistaken in my identification of the balance shoe.

Bill

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3159[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3158[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3160[1].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3161[1].JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Our 15-195 is the closed cam version. Yours looks more like our 15-195B, which is also 1-1/4" but is open, meaning it has that rectangular hole in the back. I think this may be a better option for you.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.