Channel Balances

A home owner from VA says:
Hi I need to order replacement channel balances. I've attached photos. The window weights 7.8kg. The metal part of the balance is 635mm long, and 15mm wide and deep.

I need to order 7 pairs of these.

Thanks

John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210821_113549.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210821_113513.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210821_113520.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210821_113541.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

You only showed the rear of the balance channel and not the front side, but we were able to discern the manufacturer of your window. You have a Weathervane window that dissolved in 2001. The top nylon sash guide has been replaced with a metal bracket, our 18-065

This isn't a stock balance so this will have to be a custom order. Your custom 25" channel balance will need the 19-038 top and 15-193 bottom fitting attached. The spring weight for a 17.2 lbs. sash will be (2430). Can you confirm the stamp on your metal channel? 

I just want to confirm the exact quantity of balances that you'll need before we proceed. You said you needed 7 pairs, so that would be a total of 14 balances. Can you confirm this for us? 

Thank you!

A home owner from VA says:
Sorry for the delayed response - I lost the link for this page. I can confirm that I need 7 pairs - so 14 balances. I've added a photo for the other side of the balance. The stamp shows B.S.I. 24 C

Can you tell me what the estimated cost is for the custom order?

Thanks

John
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210905_113809.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks so much for confirming that for us, John! I've just emailed you a custom balance purchase link and price quote for (14) of these balances that you can use to place an order on our site. Just don't forget to add the 18-065 top sash guide to your cart! If you have any questions just let us know. 

How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.