Channel Springs

A quick learner from Aiken, SC says:

I need to determine which channel spring fits my windows. I have four broken springs that I need to replace. The attached photos show the type spring. 

I was able to locate some faint characters engraved on the back of the metal channel:

30 C BSI, and between the "C" and the "BSI" were the very small characters "RC"

Also, the channel length is 30"

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8502.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8503.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8504.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8505.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8506.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

It looks like you have an old version of the S795-30 channel balance. I also recommend the 30C stamp option. Please note that the Series 795 installs at the top of the window track with a screw but let me know if yours uses a hook! 

A quick learner from Aiken, SC says:
See photo below. It attaches with a hook. Hopefully, you will be able to provide a replacement. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8510.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for letting me know! I see that you have a square-shaped hole at the top of your window track. With that in mind, you now have two options. The first is to purchase the S795-30 with the 30C option and the 26-200 screw plug (sold separately). The video below will explain in further detail. Just note that this only works if the hole is square-shaped.

The other option is custom order where we'll take the S795-30 and swap out the screw tab for the 15-198 hook so it can hook into your old square hole. The decision is ultimately up to you. If you do decide to go the custom order route, just let me know and I'd be happy to get that moving for you. 

How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.