Channel balance for tilt Stanley window

A quick learner from Winter haven fl says:
Looking to replace broken channel balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. It appears you have a Series 795 Channel Balance that uses the 15-195B Open Cam T-Lock Shoe, or a shoe where you can "see through" the back of the cam. The shoe that comes by default with this balance is the 15-195 Closed Cam Shoe. You'll have to buy the 15-195B separately and swap out the shoes. This is a very straightforward process that the video below illustrates. 

Now, as far as the balance itself, you have to choose the proper length and stamp option. Typically, a Series 795 stamped '14' would be 14" long; however, your stamp is a little unusual, since most balances of this type have a stamp that begins with a two digit number and then a letter, whereas yours does not. To be extra safe, please measure the metal channel, not including the shoe. I believe it will either be 14" or maybe 15" long, so you'd need either a S795-14 or S795-15. Finally, you need to choose a stamp option, which indicates the strength of the balance. Again, your stamp is a bit unusual, so what I'd like you to do is obtain the exact weight of the window sash. This can be done using a bathroom scale. Give us that exact weight, and that should narrow down what stamp you might need. Many thanks. 

A quick learner from Winter haven fl says:

It is 15 inches long the window is still in the frame another guy is putting this in for me he knows how it all goes together is there any thing I can help you figure out what I need

Above my thumb is marked 32 and the spring is 6 3/4 inches if any of this helps thank you for trying to figure it out

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0723.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0724.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

In that case, we will need to know the exact weight of the sash, as described above. Your stamp indicates a heavier-than average calibration for a 15" channel and there is a good chance this will have to be custom made. Knowing the sash weight will allow us to know for sure.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.