Channel balance with a shallow shoe

A quick learner from Florida says:
We have channel balances with wings on the top and bottom, but a shoe that's less than 1". A Swisco agent says we should use a custom shoe: 15-029 7/8"
We need 4 - 2340
We need 4 - 2305

Full Length 24"

Let us know if you need anything further.
Thank you.

Doug and Donna
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named winged top fitting
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named winged bottom shoe
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us. We can certainly help with this if the bottom shoe measures 7/8" deep. Your balance's 2305 stamp is a bit unusual though. Can you tell me the exact weight of the window sash it supports? That will allow us to determine which of our strength options is best for your replacements.

#2305 weight 30.5
#2340 weight 19.5

Is that what you need?
Emily:

We are not looking for just the shoe. We need the entire channel balance.

4 No. 2305 30.5#
4 No. 2340 19.5#

4 windows broken.
Profile picture of Emily

Yes, thank you! For the 2305 stamp balance, we'll be using the 2365 stamp. A pair of balances with this stamp will support a sash weighing 30 to 34 pounds.

Now that I have all the needed details, I'll email you a purchase link and price quote for (4) 2365 stamped balances and (4) 2340 stamped balances with the 19-005 top fitting and 15-029 7/8" deep shoe attached. You can use this link to place an order right on our website at your convenience. Please note that there is a 5-6 week lead time since the 15-029 shoe is presently out of stock. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Thank you Emily. We have placed our order. You are much appreciated. Donna 

Profile picture of Emily

No problem, Donna. I'm happy to help! I'll be here if you need anything else. 

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.