Channel and pivot bar replacement

A home owner from Tomball, TX says:

Hello,

I had a pivot bar rust and need to replace the channels as well. Would you be able to look at the attached channel pictures and recommend the right replacement channels and replacement pivot bars too? The existing channels just "clip" into holes at the top of the window, which my pictures don't show. I can't tell the brand of window or other parts, but found your website and videos helpful and wanted to see if I could use your parts to fix my window. I appreciate your time and help.

Regards,

Keith

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6727.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Assembly
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named T-Lock Balance Shoe
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! The balance you have is the Series 795 Channel Balance assembled with a 15-195 T-Lock Shoe and a 15-198 Balance Clip Attachment. To determine the correct replacement, I'll need you to confirm the length of the metal channel and I'll need to know the stamp from the metal channel. It's a bit difficult to get an accurate length from the photo of the measuring tape.

If your windows have a square shaped hole that can accept the 26-200 Balance Screw Plug, you may not need the hook installed on the balance. This screw plug will allow the balance to screw into the top of the channel using the screw clip installed on our balances. Take a look at the tutorial below for an idea on how this part works.

The pivot bar typically used with this balance assembly is the 26-021. Although, to confirm that this is the right replacement, you'll need to compare the dimensions to an existing pivot bar. I've included two other tutorials which can be found below this thread. They detail how to remove a rusted pivot bar and how to replace a damaged pivot bar.

If this pivot bar is not a match, I will need to see a photo of an existing pivot bar.

Alternate image for 26-021
Alternate image for 26-021

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.