Coil Spring #832 (?)

A quick learner from Charlottesville, Virginia says:

We need to replace a coil spring. Please see attached photos. (The full coil is not shown in Photo IMG_2668 because part of it snapped off). The coil is stamped #832. See IMG_2672. Window is likely original to the unit (~1990), but I can confirm if necessary. (This is for a rental property).

Also, should we replace both coils (L & R) at the same time? I presume the cartridges are okay, but let me know. (Also, if the coil comes preloaded onto a new cartridge, then that may be a good option as well).

William 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_2668.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_2669.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_2672.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_2673.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_IMG_2674.jpg
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hi William, thank you for posting,

Your pivot shoe resembles an older version of the 15-180 that is compatible with the Series 190 coil springs. For a coil marked with #832, please review the S190-840 coil spring. This coil can support 8 pounds of weight, together with the assembly on the other side of the window, the window sash should weigh 16 pounds total.

The pivot shoe and coils are sold separately. We recommend replacing both sides at the same time to prevent the newer balance from wearer out faster. 

Please review and let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Alternate image for 15-180
Alternate image for 15-180

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.