Coil balance spring replacement

A quick learner from East Hanover, NJ says:
Hi. I have several windows in the house that have broken coil springs. The company that installed these windows call windows of the world are no longer in business. Can you help me find the correct replacement ?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0073.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your pivot shoe reminds me of the 15-140 shown below, which is used with the S150 coil springs and related items. Take a look and compare the specifications to your assembly. Thanks for posting! 

Alternate image for 15-140
Alternate image for 15-140

A quick learner from East Hanover, NJ says:
Hi again! Thank you for your help. So I need both left and right side. The sash is 12.6 lbs. Do I order:
2 x 15-140
2 x 15-150 (6 lbs or 7?)
2 x 15-143
2 x 15-144

If you can confirm or clarify the above, I'll start placing orders. I have up to a dozen windows that need similar repairs.
Please let me know. Thank you very much!!
Bob
Profile picture of Casey

I would recommend using one S150-6 coil spring on each side to support your sash weight. You will also need the 15-145 support barrels to go with the bushing and barrel. 

A quick learner from NJ says:
HI, Your team has been great answering my questions and even editting an order for me that had an error. I've placed 2 orders and repaired 8 windows without a problem. Excellent. Your series S150 Coil Balance only goes up to 7 or 8 pounds per single spring per side. I have one more window to repair but this window weighs 23 pounds. Can you help me find the right set-up?

For the 8 windows I've already repaired, I used the 15-140 coil balance shoe with 15-143, 144, and 145 parts along with the series 150 coil balance.

Thank you! Bob
Profile picture of Casey

I'm happy to hear that your repairs have gone smoothly so far! For your 23-pound says, I would recommend using two S150-6 coil springs on each side. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.