Coil balances

A home owner from Maryland says:

Hi, 

Last week you guys recognized my obscure pivot bars and sent me replacements. I was astonished. Now, it gets hardest. Turns out the coil balances are also broken on both sides in two windows.

Can the attached photos give you a clue as to what I need?

Thanks,

BG

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 15D40018-647E-4A89-BBA2-261C472C8DA9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0F2EDEC6-4055-4E5C-8A72-D0C8AE06342E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B990B7CD-71D9-4853-A6B6-FA29A0FD0714.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 02E2B9B3-617A-48BC-A74E-5A7338337CF4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A8B2C2B6-C987-46DB-8E28-19A7A66206DB.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! I'm glad to hear we were able to help you with your pivot bars. Fortunately, we can help with your coil balances, too. I know exactly what you have.

The components used in your balance assembly are are 15-087 housing pivot and Series 180 coil spring. Additionally, if you use two springs per side, you'll also want the 15-086 secondary housing. I can't quite tell if that's the case here, though, so you'll have to check.

Each coil spring is individually weighted. You'll have to get the stamp printed on the old coil band in order to determine which weight is best for you. This number should be printed near the end, right by the two holes.

Please let me know if you had any other questions and I'd be happy to assist you.

A home owner from Maryland says:
Thank you! I need two 6's, a left and right, and two 8's. Can you set up the order?
Yours,
Bob
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Great! I'm afraid I can't place an order for you here, but you can buy these at your convenience directly on our site. Alternatively, our phone operators can help you at (888) 991-1929.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.