Connector for Independent Mirror Industries bifold door

A quick learner from Victoria, BC says:

I need to replace a broken connector for an Independent Mirror Industries bifold mirror door of unknown age.

I contacted SWISCO by phone earlier today and was advised to send an image of the part. One picture above is of the broken connector and the second picture is of the intact connector on the other door. The connector measures 2 inches by 3 inches.

I found some correspondence from March 17, 2022 which I think shows the missing part: Corner Connector Part 23-409

Here is the correspondence reference, featuring Tom:

https://www.swisco.com/discussions/Independent-Mirror-Industries-Inc-77-248334

If you scroll down you will see the image in the correspondence which appears to match my the picture of my broken connector.

As far as I know all the other parts adjacent to the connector are intact. However, I would not want to find I am missing a part once the replacement connector arrives. So I would like you to recommend what additional parts I might need to make sure the door can be re-installed properly. Then I would buy them all and ask for them to be shipped to Victoria BC, where I live.

(I tried to send you this information via a text message earlier, but I don't think it went through. However, if it did, one of your other reps may be working on the same problem.)

Chris

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5672 Connector for Independent Mirror Industri
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5659 Broken connector.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I agree that the part in your photos looks like the 23-409 corner connector as long as the dimensions below match up to yours. With that being said, we are not able to provide a comprehensive list of parts used with this part since it is compatible with many parts used on a variety of different doors. 

Dimensions for 23-409
Dimensions for 23-409

We relate a few parts on the 23-409 product page that are commonly used with this corner but we can't be sure if they are the parts needed for your particular door. I would recommend doing a careful inventory of your parts and if you think that anything else needs to be replaced, we would need to see detailed photos and dimensions to compare to our inventory. Thank you. 

Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.