Crank window parts

A quick learner from Morristown NJ says:
I believe that the inner workings of the crank are stripped. Do you have replacement parts or do I need to replace the entire mechanism (if so, can you provide)? Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0528.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0527.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0526.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You will unfortunately need to replace the entire operator. Once that worm gear strips out, it's not possible to repair it.

I'd be happy to make a recommendation, but in order to do so I will need a clear photo that shows the complete operator mechanism. Your current photos only show the base. Please let me know if that would be possible and we can work from there.

Hi Tom: Not sure I understand what you mean by the complete operator mechanism. Is that the technical term for the arms that extend out when the crank is turned? If so, I will need to get on the roof (flat) to get a good view of the mechanism. May need to wait until the weekend. Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, that's exactly right. I need to see the whole operator. It shouldn't be necessary to get on the roof to see this. Just opening the window should be enough to get us a good look. Whatever works for you, though. 

In the meantime, see our 39-015, 39-083, 39-140, and 39-143. These are all possible options in my opijion. There are others, too, but I have a feeling that yours is going to match one of these four. 

Tom: attached are photos. The arms extend around 16" and the attachment to the window is 13.5". There is an imprint that says "Truth." Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0530.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0529.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for the photos. So, it looks like your operator might be either the 39-015 (25-1/2") or the 39-083 (21-1/2"). You'll need to measure the "wingspan" measurement to determine which of these might be the best fit. Take a look at the dimensions below for an example of how to determine which of these is the best replacement for your window.

Dimensions for 39-015
Dimensions for 39-015

Thanks, Tom. The measurements are:

* the bar attached to the window is 13.5" long.
* where the bar attaches to the window, there are 2 holes on each side, approximately 9.5" apart. (I assume that I may need different hardware to attach to the window.
* the wingspan is 25" (so I assume that 25.5" would work).

Based on this, do you still recommend the 39-015? If so, what is the process for ordering?
Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom

Yes, I still think our 39-015 is our best option. As long as the two installation points on the bar are 9" apart then it should be fully compatible with your existing brackets.

Thanks, Tom. I ordered it!

Paul
Profile picture of Tom

Great, thank you! We appreciate the business, it means a lot.

Please feel free to reach out if you needed anything else.

How to replace an Awning window operator
How to replace an Awning window operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace an Awning Operator
How to Replace an Awning Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.