Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pulley
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named T-lock back
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Cam
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Stamp code
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel balance
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you need S795-26 (26D) balances with the 15-198 pulley clip attached. To get started, we'll need to confirm the number of balances that you need, with the minimum being two. 

Also, please note that your balance appears to use the smaller 15-194 T-lock, while the custom balances will come with the 1-1/4" width 15-195. You'll need to purchase the 15-194 shoes as well and follow the video below to swap out the originals. Thank you. 

A landlord from Alexandria, VA says:
Thank you for ensuring that I purchase the right parts.

I only have one damaged window, so I need to purchase 2 balances. I am ready to purchase the two balances with the two alternate t-locks (15-194). Do I just buy them off the website, or do I purchase them through you?

Based on what you said, I'm under the impression that I do not need to separately purchase the eye hook that was screwed into the top of the window holding the cord in place. Am I correct in concluding that the S795-26 comes with the correct eye hook?

Matthew
Profile picture of Casey

Great, we just sent over an order link and price quote for your custom balance`, which will come with the 15-198 clip attached to the pulley cord. As for the T-lock shoes, they can be added to the same order directly from our website once you add the custom balance link to your cart. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else!

Can you look at the attachment photo again? The one I removed from my window was a z-shaped bent piece of metal with two holes in it. The first hole allowed the pulley cord to pass through with a knot at the end. A screw passed through the other hole into a small hole in the frame of the window. The picture on your website of the 15-198 has one hole and a clip. The screw hole in the window frame is just large enough for a screw and not the clip as shown in the 15-198 picture. I think my system needs a different attachment to connect the pulley cord to the window frame.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Casey

Could you show us a photo of a pulley clip from an undamaged balance still installed in the window jamb? That would help us confirm the type of clip needed for your replacement balances. 

I've attached a photo of the functioning balance upper attachment point. You can see that it is screwed into the window frame. I've also included 3 additional photos of the broken balances attachment point. I do not believe this part is damaged. If you do not have this piece, then I can purchase a balance without that part and transfer the old ones to the new balances. I would just need to you to tell me how long to keep the pulley cord when I tie the knot.

Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pulley cord 1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pulley cord 2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pulley cord 3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pulley cord 4.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. It looks like your pulley clip is just a bent version of the crew tab that comes with the stock S795-26, so it won't need to be a custom order! You'll just need to purchase the S795-26 (26D) balances directly on our website, as well as the 15-194 T-lock shoes to swap out the stock 15-195 shoes that come with the balances. Just let us know if you have any other questions. 

Alternate view of 15-194
Alternate view of 15-194

Alternate view of 15-194
Alternate view of 15-194

Parts are ordered! Thank you for walking me through this, so I don't go to my rental property with the wrong equipment.
Profile picture of Casey

We're happy to help and appreciate your business! We'll be here if you need anything else. 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.