A quick learner says:

Channel balance series: S795

Channel length: 60

Channel stamp:

Quantity: 2

Comments: To replace old balance for windows

Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! There is a chance that we can supply you with the replacement Series 795 balances you are searching for however, there is a bit more information I'll need to confirming pricing and availability. Although, I cannot make any guarantees.

To start, I'll need to know the stamp from the metal channel of the balance. This is what indicates the weight range the balance needs to be able to carry to support the weight of the sash. If there is no stamp on the balance(s), I'll need to know the exact weight of the sash.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

A quick learner says:
hi Jasmine,

The unit where the windows need replacement is located quite a distance from my home, and regrettably, I do not possess the exact weight of the windows. However, based on my best estimate, they are approximately 22 lbs.

For your reference, here are the basic dimensions of the window:

Width: 28 7/8 inches
Height: 31 7/8 inches
Depth: 1 3/4 inches

I'm sorry to say that the dimensions will not help to determine the window because they do not account for the weight of the glass panes in the sash.

I am happy to provide you with an order link for the requested balances for a 22lb window, however, in the event that the window is heavier or lighter, you will not be able to return the balances. Custom orders are non-refundable and cannot be returned to us.

This means that if you do happen to go to the property and they are incorrect, you will need to obtain the window weight and order the correct set of balances.

Please confirm that you would like to move forward with this order.

A quick learner says:
Understood, and I will not return the items. So, please provide the quote accordingly.

In checking the details of your balance to confirm pricing and availability, I did notice that you said the sash (window) has a height of 31-7/8". I apologize for missing this before but a sash of that height wouldn't typically have a balance of that length.

Did you confirm the 60" measurement from the balance itself?

A quick learner says:
Hi Jasmine,

Thank you for taking a closer look at my inquiry, and I must say, you're absolutely right. I have a pair of old, broken Series 850 Crossbow balances, and they are completely shattered into pieces. The initial quote I provided (60 inches) was based on the length of the fully "extended" Series 850 Crossbow balance, which appears to be incorrect. After carefully assembling all the pieces, it turns out that the accurate length of the 850 Crossbow balance, without any stretching or extending, should be 47 inches. I hope this information will assist you in finding the appropriate replacement for me.

The length of the balances you've confirmed still does not seem suitable for a window with a height of 31-7/8".

To confirm that these balances will be a situatable replacement, you'll need to find and remove an undamaged balance from a window so that you can get the accurate measurement for the length of the balance. You'll also need to confirm the he diameter of the balance channel/tube (which should be 1/2"), as well as the width of the bottom T-shaped attachment; it will either be 1" or 1-1/4" across the bottom of the T shape.

Take a look at the video below for instructions on this balance conversion and the information you'll need to determine the correct balances. Let me know if you have any questions.

A quick learner says:
Hi Jasmine,

After watching it a number of times, and I think I found my mistake. Here is the approx. length for the balance: between 31 inches and 31 1/4 inches.

Thanks for confirming. You'll need the S795-31 channel balance with a 31C stamp for your 22lb window. 

This balance has a screw tab attached to the top and a 1-1/4" Closed Cam, T-Lock Balance shoe attached.

Please let me know if there is anything else I might be able to assist with.

A quick learner says:
Thank you very much!

I'm happy to help! Please feel free to reach out with any other hardware repair projects you may have.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.