Difference between 26-079 and 26-188W

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello,

Just wanting to know what exactly all that is different between those two parts.

Thank you.
A quick learner from USA says:
To elaborate more on the prior request, I need a lockable tilt latch for a project that is tamper resistant.

1. Is there a product like 26-079 or 26-188W where the safety lock is operated by a tamper proof screw driver?
2. Can I use part 26-359? My application does not appear to be an internal tilt latch but a surface mounted one. I'm attaching a photo of the current installation. I'm not sure if it is possible to install part 26-359 to this window sash instead.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5123.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! The biggest difference between the 26-079 and 26-188W is that the 26-188W is neutral, which means this singular piece can work on either the left or right hand side interchangeably. Meanwhile, the 26-079 is strictly a right handed latch; the left handed side requires use of the 26-078. Honestly, they're fairly interchangeable, given that they have the same dimensions, so really it's just a matter of personal preference.

As for whether either of these latches can work for your window, I can't really answer that as I don't know anything about your existing latch. Your next step should be to carefully measure it and compare it to either of the aforementioned latches. If all the dimensions are the same, then our parts will work. If they differ, then they won't.

Let me know if they differ, and exactly how, and we can work on finding you a better alternative.

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.