Do you have a replacement for my door latch?

A handy person from New jersey says:
Door latch broken. Hard to find a replacement.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5634.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We unfortunately don't sell this exact handle. This is an old Forever Door brand part that has been discontinued for quite a number of years now. 

I would say the best option in our inventory is going to be the 40-150, though it may take some adaptation. At minimum you may have issues with the new handle interfacing with the existing keeper, but this is usually solved by packing the keeper out with shims, or even washers if you're in a fix. In a worst case scenario, you might have to drill new holes for the 40-150 to install, but I don't think that will be an issue. You should have the same hole spacing as our part.

The point to take away from this is that the 40-150 isn't an exact match, nor is it strictly intended to install on your particular door. You should expect having to make minor to moderate revisions during installation, but it's one of those things you need to play by ear.

If you don't like the style of the 40-150, then our 40-145 is another potential match. I've known plenty of customers who prefer the push style over the lever style. Same principles apply, just note that the 40-145 can ONLY accept a 3/16" spindle.

For now, look over our specs for each part and let me know if you had any questions.

Alternate measurements of 40-150
Alternate measurements of 40-150

40-150 spindle size and screw measurements
40-150 spindle size and screw measurements

Alternate image for 40-145
Alternate image for 40-145

Dimensions for 40-145
Dimensions for 40-145

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
SWISCO Quick-Fix! 40-150 Spindle Replacement
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.