Do you sell this screen lever?

A home owner from Florida says:

I need a replacement for a window screen turn lever that broke when trying to lock the screen in place.

I appreciate your assistance on this matter.

Thank you!

Theresa

Photo of the clip I need has been uploaded.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3663.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hey there!

Our 70-026 screen retainer turn clip resembles what you show here. Have a look and see if the specifications match what you need. The 33-005 pop rivet will also need to be used for the installation of this part. 

Alternate image for 33-005
Alternate image for 33-005

I appreciate your reply & information regarding a replacement turn clip for my window screen!

Is the 75-012 Rivet Tool that is shown in the video also needed to attach the turn clip to the window screen frame or will the 33-005 pop rivet psuh the head of the turn clip into the existing hole on the window screen frame?

Thank you, again, for your time & assistance on this matter!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Because the manufacturer of the screen used pop rivets to attach the 70-026 turn clips, we showed how it was done using the Rivet Tool. To install these clips you will need indeed need the Rivet Tool. If you or a neighbor doesn't have the tool, you could use a screw, but you will need to drill another hole since the old pop rivet hole will be too large.

I greatly appreciate your clarification & confirmation that the 75-012S Rivet Tool would be required to install the replacement turn lever.

If a screw is used rather than the pop rivet, would it be possible to use a screw that is slightly larger than the size of the original pop rivet (1/16"?), so the same hole could be used without drilling a new one?

Thank you again for your time & assistance!
Profile picture of Paul

You would have to drill a larger hole in the 70-026 so the screw will not bind the clip when turning the clip.

It probably would be best & easiest to just purchase the tool in case the other clips start breaking, also.

I appreciate all your time & assistance regarding this matter!

Thank you!

Profile picture of Paul

No problem, I'm happy I could help. Best of luck with the repair!

How to install the 70-014 window screen clip
How to install the 70-014 window screen clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.