Door lever for storm door made by Sugarcreek industries

A quick learner says:
The inside door lever nit longer latches. I attached a photo of the lever. I do not know if it is necessary to also replace the outside lever. I also attached that photo.
A quick learner says:
Good day,
Previously I submitted a post - reference D304669

I was seeking info on my inside storm door lever which no longer closes/latches. I attempted to attach photos that I left out but my submission was tagged as spam. I am attaching the photos that did not accompany my post.

screws - approximately 1.75-2" apart
inside lever- 1.25"x 1"
outside curved handle - 4.25" x 1.25

I wanted to know if it is necessary to replace the inside lever and outside handle together - in order to restore the spring action of the inside lever.

Thank you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Beverly H1.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Beverly H2.JPG
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us. Our 40-145 inside latch looks a lot like your old one. This part measures 1-3/4" on the installation hole centers. This should work with your existing exterior pull if the specifications align. Take a look and see what you think.

How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.