Double Hung Take Out Window Balancers

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The Unique window balance went out of business in the late 1990's but we do believe we can help. 

May we see the another balance and pivot shoe in the window track and the pivot bar on the bottom of the sash, so we can come up with a replacement?

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello, I am in need of some double hung window balancers. Can you identify replacements from the pictures up loaded? If you need more info...let me know.

Best regards, Phil
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190517_104556.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190517_104616.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190517_104701.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190517_104818.jpg
More pictures
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190517_112619.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190517_114933.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190517_115039.jpg
Additional pictures you requested
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190517_135701.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190517_135811.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190517_140328.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190517_140402.jpg
Profile picture of Paul

Thank you for getting back to us. Now, like I mentioned, this balance isn't made anymore. However I think we can custom make a balance that will work in the same capacity.

Specifically, we're thinking of using our S795-31 but with the top clip swapped out for our 15-198 hook. Does that look good to you? This should be compatible with your old pivot bar, so you wouldn't have to change anything else.

If you want to go that route, please let me know how many balances you need and I can email you an order link and price quote for the desired quantity.

Thank you and I will start by ordering two units to see how it works. I have eight windows in that size and will replace them all once I check the first one for fit. So send me a quote for the parts I need and again I really appreciate your efforts in finding a solution.
Best regards, Phil ?
Profile picture of Paul

You got it, Phil. We're happy to help, of course. I'll have my colleague Tom shoot over an order link and price quote right now for 2. If you wanted more, please let me know right here and we'll be happy to do so!

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.