Double hung coil balance replacements

A home owner from Rockville, MD says:
Hello,

I was so excited to find your website with so many useful information and parts for windows.

Several of my windows' coil balances are broken. The attached photos are from the same window. My questions are:
1. What are parts # for coil and pivot bar that might fit this window?
2. Since this window's pivot bar was broken, I was able to take the window sash out. Otherwise, how to take the window sash out if the pivot shoe has no opening for pivot bar to move up? See the pictures where is blue.
3. How to take the pivot shoe out if I don't see screws? Do I just force it out? I took out the cover below the shoe in the picture. There is no cut out.
4. Two of photos show after I took out the upper window sash, on both sides of the window, there are screws and broken coils. Is there a video showing how to handle these?

Thanks a lot for your time and help!

Craig
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C3F35B03-3E8C-42D1-9EE7-33DD6FBAD105.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0965DDD7-2F56-4D2E-AD9E-A1547B7394AF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4BC511AB-6B3E-43A3-A430-6977EEA84E66.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1036EEC0-92FB-410C-AF10-479A661CCB47.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! Your pivot shoe appears to be our coil housing pivot, part 15-087. Carefully review and compare the dimensions to confirm that this is the right fit for your window.

Detail of 15-087
Detail of 15-087

The coils spring you need will be the S180-8, since yours is stamped with the number 8. You may also need the mounting bracket, part 16-024.

Thank you so much for your quick response. I also have another kind of coil balance for bigger windows in the attached photo. There are two parts on top of each other, for example, 7 on top & 7R in bottom. Which parts would that be?

Thanks again.
Craig
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 126BA465-933A-4CC3-8A15-05F5DD4105CF.jpeg

The bottom housing would be the same as what was previously recommended for the other window. The top housing would be part 15-086. Since these are stamped with a 7, you'll need the S180-7 coil balance spring for both plastic housings.

Also, I noticed I forgot to include the video for how to remove these pieces of hardware from the window. It would work the same for the assembly that has the tandem housing on top.

If you need assistance with replacing your pivot bars, I'll need to see a photo of them removed from the window too.

Thanks for the additional helpful information on parts. I have included some pictures of pivot bar. I am still struggling on how to take the window sash out, if the pivot bars are settled in the blue seats in the picture. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C9B8F4D9-0E0A-4179-829E-41084C411962.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6C89C473-1667-4303-83A0-0B1DC18F8C73.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C68FEA58-5868-4F01-A22C-433E245A38B0.jpeg

It looks like you might need the 26-422. Look over the dimensions and compare them to your existing pivot bar to determine if this is the right replacement.

Alternate image for 26-422
Alternate image for 26-422

Alternate image of 26-422
Alternate image of 26-422

Once you have the window up high enough, about a few inches, so that you can tilt the window in towards you. The next step will be to slightly tilt one side of the window up so that you can get it at enough of an angle to tilt the window out of the window. This may take some trial and error but you shouldn't need to force the window out.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.