Drawer glides

A quick learner from Detroit, MI says:

Hello,

I have an R-way desk and dresser which needs new drawer glides (9 drawers in total). The "L" shape plastic glides fit into a metal support piece with a round peg. Any suggestions?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'd start with 32-020 and 32-083 as options. The 32-020 is the right color, but different size. 32-083 seems closer in size, but is not the same color. See if one of them is close enough to work for you. The color rarely matters for a drawer part. They tend to stay out of sight. Just check measurements, available on the product webpages.

I'm a bit confused. The drawer glides need to "snap in" to a round hole in order to stay in place. How will either of your recommendations become affixed to the metal frame?
Profile picture of Tom

Ooh, I thought that was some kind of wood at first glance. That makes things trickier, but not impossible. To be honest, we haven't run into a metal frame like this yet. One researcher suggested that the parts may be unique to the manufacturer, and that if you know the manufacturer, you could try to track them down.

We were thinking that gluing the part in place is your best bet. Do you think you would have clearance to make that happen? I thought the pin on the 32-083 might match the peg you described, but it sounds like it probably doesn't match in size. 32-020 would be your only real option. Am I barking up the right tree? Let us know if gluing sounds like a good option. If not, I'll run it by the experts again as a Hail Mary pass.

The manufacturer is out of business. What type of glue would work on plastic to metal? And sure, why not ask your experts?
Profile picture of Tom

Okay, so I ran it by the experts, who confirm we can't offer another drawer glide. Sorry about that!

It's possible that your drawer was not intended to be repaired, which is unfortunately very common in the hardware industry. Take a look at your options, and consider tracking down a smaller hardware store in your area. They may have more ideas or older parts.

If you want to go the route of 32-020, we usually recommend Loctite liquid or gel super glue, but any epoxy advertised for both metal and PVC should work. Getting the glue to stick to the plastic, from my understanding, is the hard part. The metal should be easy.

A handy person from Md says:
Did you ever find something to work?
I have the same thing from R-way and no one has anything. Could really use some help.
Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B3E43B20-8800-4324-BA16-909C122E0604.jpeg
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.