Drawer hardware

A home owner from Summerland Key says:

Hello, I hope all is well on your end. I currently have Unigrass 6600 drawer slides, I would like to replace them with a good quality soft close slide. What slides would you recommend that I purchase? The drawer boxes measure 21 3/4". Additionally, I have a lazy susan with similar builders grade hardware that is currently broken. How do I measure for the new hardware and what would you recommend as a quality replacement. Please see the attached details.

The current hardware is Unigrass 6600

Thank you for your support.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer me. V/r Jason

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230705_085342.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230705_085418.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230705_085430.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230705_085517.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We do offer the 21-5/8" long self-closing drawer track but note that ours do not bend at a 90-degree angle like yours to attach to the mounting brackets. For this reason, I would recommend using the 32-089 back plate pair to attach them directly to the back of your drawer. Take a look and see if the specifications of these parts could work for your application. Thank you! 

Profile of 32-061 drawer pair kit
Profile of 32-061 drawer pair kit

Alternate image for 32-061
Alternate image for 32-061

Profile diagram of 32-089
Profile diagram of 32-089

Detail of 32-089
Detail of 32-089

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. This looks like they will work for me. Are these soft close or self close or both. I see there is a distinction, is there actually a difference in functionality?

Ty, Jason
Profile picture of Casey

Our drawer tracks are self-closing, meaning that they will guide the drawer into the closed position once it is manually closed to a certain point. I don't know how your original drawer tracks function, so I can't say if ours would work the same way or any better. I can tell you that this would be our best replacement option for the assembly shown in your photos. 

Thank you for the reply. Do these glides pull the drawer shut and prevent slamming?

V/r

Jason
Profile picture of Casey

Our drawer slides are not soft-closing but we do offer the 32-006 adapter. See the video below that shows how the part would be installed. 

How to Replace Self-Closing Drawer Slides
How to Replace Self-Closing Drawer Slides
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a soft close adapter for cabinet doors and drawers
How to install a soft close adapter for cabinet doors and drawers
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.