Extended-Travel Channel Balance Quote

A quick learner says:
hello, I am inquiring about this product i would like some information please, i will need 6 to 8 of these and would like to know a rough estimate on lead times and costing and see if its affordable. i can get pictures to you later today or when you reply. but i have found this on your thread and they seem to be the same ones that I need here is a link.

https://www.swisco.com/discussions/Single-hung-window-balance-77-185389
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! I am happy to provide you with the requested information, however I will need to see a photo of your existing hardware to confirm the exact replacement you need.

These balances are a custom order assembly and there are slight differences between the balance types we can provide that will determine if one balance will work in a window versus another.

I'll need to see the top and bottom attachments from your balance, the hook/clip installed to the bottom attachment, as well as any stamps or markings that are on the balances. Please also confirm the length of the metal channel.

The last piece of information I'll need to be able to get the order link made up for you is the exact number of balances you are intending to purchase. I am happy to adjust the quote if your would like a lower or a higher quantity once you've had the chance to review the information.

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions in the meantime.

A handy person from San diego says:
Here are the attached photos.

I need 6 of these. Also I need 3 sets of the plastic piece that screws to the window that supports this. And 2 of the clips that go on frame
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230807_063043.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230807_063056.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230807_063108.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230807_063113.jpg

Thanks for the photos. I am working to confirm pricing and availability for the requested balances. However, in the meantime, I'll need to see the photos of the plastic piece you are referring to. It is likely a top sash guide, which helps to guide channel balances in the window channels. 

I'll need to see a photo of it to identify the correct replacement. I also need to see a photo of the (2) clips you are referring to as well.

A handy person from San diego says:
I don't have the picture of clip but it goes on the window seal. It will be hard for me to get the picture of the little metal clip. But attached is the picture of the window plastic piece needed
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230801_181327.jpg

Thanks for the photo and the description of the clip helps a lot. Your top sash guide is no longer made but our 18-188 should work fine a replacement. Take a look over the dimension and compare them to your existing top sash guide to confirm if this might be a fit.

Alternate view of 18-188
Alternate view of 18-188

The metal take out clip is likely our 16-002.

Alternate image for 16-002
Alternate image for 16-002

I've forwarded a link with a quote for the (6) requested balances. If you would like for me to adjust the quantity please let me know and I'd be happy to update the quote for you.

You'll be able to use this link to review the quote and place your order. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder for the email if you do not find it in your primary inbox.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.