Exterior Window Seal

A quick learner from Union City CA says:
This is an upper level so am not able to secure a better photo. This is a hard plastic L shaped seal that seems to slide into a slot. I cannot locate this locally and wondered if you had it, know of it, or have a replacement recommendation.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3716.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3715.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us. I believe what you're looking for is glazing. We may be able to help but we'll need you to remove an undamaged sample and show us a clear view of the end profile. I know you said this window is on the upper level but I'm afraid that's the only way for us to help. 

Yes! I saw something online called Caulk Glazing that looked just like that but they are mostly thin metal, this is plastic unless it's become brittle over time. I assume since it's not really a seal and some of the others even have been painted over (is why I can't remove a bottom level to take around to stores). I may be able actually to get a photo of the end piece for you. May take a day or two. Thanks. I also saw something called SILL NOSE MILL, but the dims are 2-3/4 x 1-1/2 which seem too wide.

I'll return with a photo soon.
Profile picture of Emily

Great, we will be here to help whenever you can get that for us! 

I think it's called GLAZING BEAD. It comes Vertical (with 45 degree cut) and Horizontal (with no angle cut). I saw it on YouTube. Mine is L shaped so it slides into a thin slot. It is Plastic but I bet metal would work too as long as it's paper thin ish. I can tour the local HD, Lowes, ACE, but this may be beyond what they carry these days. Would you have this product? I mainly need some Verticals, but having some back of both will be great. I will attach a few photos, the width is 1/2" and this is also with the part that inserts so 1/2 x 1/2 L shaped. I see there are also Vinyl versions as well.

Let me know if available and I'll place an order since you've been so helpful
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3755.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3757.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3765.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3766.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3764.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily

I am afraid I can't ID your glazing from these photos. The only way for me to do so is if I see a photo of an undamaged end profile. There's a good chance we may not have a replacement but seeing the end profile would allow me to confirm. You can browse our selection here in the meantime. 

Frustrating morning today talking with several window people at ACE, HD, Lowes, and two local glass and window ma/pa shops. Since the stickers on the windows are all gone due to normal years of I can't search out the original installer and heck, it's been since the early 90's for this development and they are most likely gone anyway. No one sells this nor a match it. Seems to me like a simple L shaped vinyl or plastic 1/2 x 1/2 insert.

So the recommendation from all is the same: Go online. I think I would be interested in seeing what you offer and may purchase several just to see what I can do to ADAPT it to what I have. These are more for appearance and UV rays instead of water sealant anyway. So can you send me a link to what your catalog has that comes close to this? I would entertain metal too since I'm just going to paint it, but it's got to be razor thin on the edges. I can cut the 45 degree is I must for the vertical so not a problem there.

?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what to recommend since your photos don't show us a view of the end profile. You can start by comparing the specifications of the 55-029 and 55-017 to yours but these are just an educated guess. Our selection of glazing can also be found here

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.