Fastening the Lenhan window crank

A quick learner from Baldwin, MD says:
Hello,
I recently bought a 39-074 : Lenahan Window Crank. How does the arm of the crank fasten to the awning. I bought 33-067 and 33-207 but I don't know how they go together or what the threads on
the 3/8 shoulder screw screw into. The arm on my awning just has a hole. The same as the hole in the crank.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The hole in the awning arm you mention is exactly what you need to use to screw the 39-074 to your window. The 33-067 shoulder screw will go through the 3/8" diameter non-threaded hole on the operator arm and into the threaded hole in the window linkage.
A quick learner from Maryland says:
That's just the problem. There is no threads in the hole on the window linkage. The screw slips in and out of both holes.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what the issue may be, then. It's possible the 39-074 isn't the right replacement for your window. You could also potentially use the 33-077 double groove pin with a 21-161 E-Ring. Could you send us some photos of your original operator, along with some photos of the window and how the operator relates to the linkage in the side of the window? That may clear things up.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.