Glazing bead for double pane window

A home owner from New York says:
Hi,

Looking for attached glazing bead. Remove small IGU from bathroom and noticed that there was glazing tape on both sides of window. Would anyone know best way to install glazing bead with glazing tape. Do you put glazing tape on window first and slide in bead or put glazing tape on back of bead and slide in. Thought it would be difficult to replace bead with tape present.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Glazing bead.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Glazing beads dimensions.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Your glazing looks like a match to the 55-190 bead but we do not recommend using adhesive, which makes it very difficult to replace these parts. Take a look at our related videos on how to replace glazing for vinyl and aluminum window sashes. Thank you!

A home owner from New York says:
Thank you. I was surprised to find the glazing tape on both sides of the window. I will only apply glazing bead and bead of silicone to window frame where the outside panel of IGU sits. I will only use glazing bead on inside. Thanks you for recommendation of bead, it looks to be the exact size and I have already ordered.
A professional from MD says:
What I do is put the tape on and just peel back the corners about a half inch top and bottom side to side and then caulk where the tape meets and each corner put a little silicone put the unit in that way you can peel the tape off as far as the bead I would do the same thing and just put the bead in and then use a little screwdriver pry up a little bit very carefully and pull the tape on the bead I've been doing glass work for 30 some years and this is always work for me I hope this helps
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.