Gold Storm door handle set

Quick Learner from Nj
Jun 2, 2022 8:50 pm

My roommate is trying to fix the handle. It keeps falling off. We keep sticking it back on. Is there a way to fix it. I will post pics of handle. Thanks so much

20220602_203822 20220602_203817
2 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO
Jun 8, 2022 10:49 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

It looks like your storm door is an older style EMCO/Forever storm door from around 1992. I don't believe this exact handle is still available, unfortunately. 

You say the handle keeps falling off. If it is the handle that's the problem, take a look at the 40-101. This set might fit your door handle but review our dimensions just to be sure.

If it's a problem with the mortise, though, then you might have to consider an all new handle set. Take a look at the complete 40-049 set for a possible modern replacement for your older hardware.

One last thought is that you might be having trouble with the set screw coming loose in the handles. If so, you can try using "Loctite" on the screw threads. You should be able to pick it up at a hardware store in your area.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts