Gorrell Double Hung window

A quick learner from Clearwater FL says:
Non-Impact
Double Hung Window
51.87x61.75
Balancers have broken and I am not sure of the weight I would need to order for him. His sash lock seems to be loose as well and I want to order one of those as well.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pedretty - 4 - Loose Latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pedretty  - 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pedretty - 5 Broken Balance.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Screenshot 2023-11-20 130705.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pedretty - 3.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! The balances your customer has look like they are likely a coil balance assembly, given the mounting bracket installed in  the window channel. To identify the correct replacement, I'll need to see a photo of the assembly removed from the window, especially the bottom pivot shoe.

Once we've determined the exact assembly you need, you'll be able to determine the weight needed to support the sash. There are typically stamps on the metal coil that indicate the spring strength. If there are no stamps, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of the sash. Take a look at the video below for instructions on how to remove the assembly.

In regard to the sweep lock, start with taking a look at our 90-180, 90-300, and 90-305. You'll need to carefully compare the dimensions of the existing lock to those shown on each of the diagrams for our sweep locks. They can be found on each of their respective product pages on the website.

If you are looking replace the tilt latches, I'll need to see a photo of the latches removed from the sash as well. I've tagged a video below detailing how to remove them from the sash.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions in the meantime.

How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
How to Replace an Internal Tilt Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.