Great lakes window balances

A quick learner from St Paul Mn 55104 says:

Have stuck and broken balances need 10 to 12 of them already purchased shoes and bars from you they worked great Thanks- David

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 21 HD stamped balance
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there David.

I believe your balance is a match for our Series 770. This comes attached with the 15-043 terminal clip which anchors to the pivot shoe. However, your stamp is a little off. Can you weigh the window sash on a scale and tell us what you find? We'd also like for you to confirm the length of the metal channel. 

Thank you!

Do you mean take out a window and weigh it ? they are easy to take out -- Thanks for your help
Profile picture of Emily

Yes, that is correct! From there I can determine which stamp is best for your window. 

Thanks so much

Hi Emily The windows weigh 10 + lbs and the aluminum balance with stamped number is 22". Hope this helps and you can get back to me on what to buy-- Thanks so much for your help. David 

Profile picture of Emily

Thank you, David! Since the metal channel is 22" long, I recommend the S770-22. Were you able to get the precise weight of the sash by chance? If 10 pounds is the exact weight, you could choose either the 22A or 22B stamp option. 

A pair of balances with the 22A stamp can support a sash weighing 5 to 10 pounds, and a pair of balances with the 22B stamp can support a sash weighing 10 to 16 pounds. 

I'll be here if you have any questions!

Thanks -- is the number 570-22B or 570-22 option B. ? Thanks
Profile picture of Emily

The part number is S770-22 and the recommended stamp option is either 22A or 22B!

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.