Half inch sizes?

A quick learner from Florida says:
Hello!
I purchased this 19" window sash, exact item I needed, but 1/2" too long?
Do you all offer custom sizes, or do you have another option possibly?
Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4990.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. If the metal channel (not including the nylon fittings at either end) is 19", then that was the correct length. I don't think that's the issue. I see you purchased the S395-19. Are you certain the nylon fittings at either end of the metal channel match those that the Series 395 uses? This is critical for proper balance identification--we have a ton of non-tilt channel balances that are 19" long, but each uses different combinations of attachments. If you're uncertain, please send us close-up photos of the attachments on either end of the metal channel, from one in your windows that still has both fittings intact. I can't quite make them out in the first photo you sent. Also, please send me any stamp on the metal channel, just to be safe--the stamp tells us the strength of the balance. We should be able to narrow this down from there. 

Thank you!
I am including more photos of the only existing piece I have in this size, I suspect it is also not 100% but close?
The product I purchased from you is far sturdier and well made than the existing, if that helps!
Thank you again!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5130.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5131.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5132.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5133.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5135.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5136.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5137.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5138.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5139.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this. Reviewing these photos, I agree that your old balance is 18-1/2" long. It also looks like you have a nylon fitting configuration that more closely matches our Series 377, not the Series 395 that you purchased. I suggest reviewing the Series 377 just to be 100% sure.

The good news is that we can supply you with a balance made to this custom size. The only thing I need from you is verification that the Series 377 is a match and how many in total you wanted to buy. Our minimum purchase quantity is 2.

Once I know that, I'll email you a purchase link and price quote that you can use to place an order on our site as normal.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.