Help With Missing Lock

A home owner from 76002 says:
Good afternoon,

I was hoping you could help me identify the lock required for this. House was built in 2002 if that helps.

Also, how would I engage the lock with the switch located in the handle or will it need to be replaced as well?

Thank you for your time,

Nick
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210117_152354.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20201220_141720.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210117_152406.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Nick. It's unfortunately a bit difficult to say what lock you need without seeing the original. It doesn't look like yours mounted to the outer frame, since there are no mounting holes above or below the hole for the lock. Therefore I want you to start by looking at our 82-244. I'm wondering if it mounts to those two protrusions within the door. Look over the dimensions and see if you think this might work for you. I can't be certain without seeing the original, but this is what I feel best about for now. 

The old handle set should work fine with a new lock, so long as the thumb lever is not damaged. Let me know if you have further questions. You'd simply remove the handle set when installing the new lock, then install the old thumb lever and handle set back on. 

A home owner from 76002 says:
Thank you!
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Looking at your photos, I believe you might need the 82-244 mortise lock since you have those screw bosses inside the patio door. Check the measurements of the 82-244 along with the mounting screw locations.

How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.