Help with Parts Please

A home owner from Greensboro, NC says:
I have 8 windows that need balances. 3 of the 36"x32". 3 of the 32"x34". 2 of the 36" x 24." (These are the dimensions of the lower frame. See pics please.) They are double-hung tilt-in windows made in the late 1990s. I've attached pics of the mechanisms, parts and labels.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2300.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2299.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2298.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2286.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2288.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Thanks for reaching out to us. Are you able to remove an undamaged balance from the window and show us some photos? I'm afraid that's the only way for us to help. If the hardware is missing, we won't be able to assist. 

I have a 9 second video that captures the entire assembly. The site here will not allow me upload it. Is there an email I could send it to?
Swisco -

I have 8 windows that need balances. 3 of the 36"x32". 3 of the 32"x34". 2 of the 36" x 24." (These are the dimensions of the lower frame. See pics please.) They are single-hung tilt-in windows made in the late 1990s. I've attached pics of the mechanisms, parts and labels.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Chris
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Morris Windows 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Morris Windows 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Morris Windows 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 3.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you for the additional photos, Chris. It looks like you have an old rod balance assembly. I'm confident we have a replacement but I'm just not able to fully identify it yet. May we see a photo of the shoe this balance uses? Note that you may need to fully remove the sash in order to see it. 

Here are 5 pics of the shoe. (The site only allows for 5 pics.) I have more from the top, bottom and as it sits in the window if these help. Hope these help. Thanks again for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoe 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoe 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoe 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoe 4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Shoe 5.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

This is perfect! My recommendation is the Series 795 as long as the spring diameter is 1/2". I recommend measuring yours just to be safe. If it's indeed 1/2", the video below will guide you through the steps to convert to the modern S795.

Great! I think we're really getting close. You're right, the spring is 1/2". After watching the video, the 15-194 channel balance looks like it's the one. Also, the pivot bars look like the 26-021. I've weighed the sashes too. 

Regarding the length of the balance needed, I don't have any intact balances to measure, so my measurements in the attached pics are just sash measurements. What would be your advise here? I've heard that a rule of thumb is to take the sash measurement and then subtract 2 inches. I really appreciate your help and thanks for helping me drill down these important details. Thanks!Chris

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Morris Windows 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Morris Windows 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Morris Windows 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Piviot Bar.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for waiting while we looked into this.

From my calculations, I came up with the following.

Window sash size:

36 X 32 = S795-30 spring weight (30C) for sash weight 19-24 lbs. 

32 X 24 = S795-22 spring weight (22C) for sash weight 16-21 lbs. 

32 X 32 = S795-30 spring weight (30C) for sash weight 19-24 lbs. 

The pivot bar will be the 26-021. However, I recommend you weigh each window sash to confirm the accordant spring weight options. 

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.