Help with Tilt Balancer replacement

A quick learner says:
Please see attached photos of tilt balancers that I need replacements for.

This is a plain channel balance, 26" in length, and has stamping of 26H B.S.I on the outside channel.

Currently the balancers have a clip connection at the top of the window, but there is also a provision for screw in mounting in the frame.

I am looking to replace 6 channel balancers, and will need mounting screw way w/screws or clips as well.

I appreciate your assistance, and look forward to hearing from you soon
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 26H BSI
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CB4.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CB3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CB2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CB5.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! There is a chance that we can provide you with a replacement balance, however, to be absolutely sure, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance removed from the window.

I am specifically looking to see any attachments that could be connected to the balance or that may still be in the window channel, connected to the bottom of the sash.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

A quick learner says:
Please see additional photos as requested.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2730.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2727.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2726.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2725.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2724.jpeg

Thanks for the photos. It appears that you have a 26" Series 770 style channel balance but this will need to be a custom order given that your has a rivet and an S-clip on the top of it. It will also need to be custom because of the stamp. 

Unfortunately, I am unable to cross-reference it with the stamps on our balances, therefore, I'll need to know the exact weight of your sash. I'll also need this to confirm availability and pricing for the requested quantity.

The pivot shoe looks like it could be our 15-129. To confirm that this is the right fit, you'll need to remove the pivot shoe to confirm the dimensions.

Detail of 15-129
Detail of 15-129

A quick learner says:
Please see attached photo of pivot shoe. I will also need 6 of these pieces.

The window sash weighs 36.2lbs.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2737.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2736.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2735.jpeg

Thanks for the photos. I'm sorry to say that I would not be able to confirm the measurements based on the photos you've provided. To confirm that this is the right fit for your window, you'll need to compare your shoe to the dimensions shown above.

I'm sorry that I cannot be of more help in this area.

A quick learner says:
The shoe dimensions are good.
The window sash weighs 36.2lbs.

Please send the link.

Thanks for confirming and for your patience as I was waiting to confirm pricing and availability for your custom balances. I've forwarded a link with a quote for the (2) requested balances. You'll be able to use this link to review the quote and place the order for the balances. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder if you do not find the email in your primary inbox.

In regard to the S-clip at the top of the balance, again, this is sold separately; as is the pivot shoe. With that said, you'll need to add them to the cart along with the custom balances to have them ship on the same order.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.