Help with new balances

A quick learner from Cedar Rapids, IA says:
I just got the balances I ordered. Super excited to install. Looks like the screw method was used as there are no clips in my window frame. However, the plastic pieces at the bottom seem to be facing the other direction and I'm afraid of putting the new ones in and breaking them. I have images of how the old plastic pieces appeared in the window compared to the new. I hope I'm making sense.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210721_125802.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210721_125808.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210721_125819.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210721_125829.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Many service technicians pull the shoe from the balance and lock the cord with locking pliers. So this means that there is play to work the knife shoe in the window track. Once you do this, bring up the balance and shoe, and then screw the balance at the top and lock the shoe in place. Let us know if you have further problems or questions. 

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.