How do I pick size of spline

A home owner from NJ says:
What size spline do I use for anderson window? The channel looks to be about 1/4 inch wide
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid Andersen uses many, many different types of spline. At this stage I have no basis by which to make a recommendation.

Your next step should be to remove a small, undamaged sample of the original and show me a clear picture of the end profile. I can then check our inventory for a possible match. The video below will clarify exactly what we need to help.

A home owner from NJ says:
Maybe I am missing something or more probably not asking the right question. I am (planning on) replacing the screen on my Anderson window and I watched your "how-to" video. In it, the original metal screen retainer was removed and unusable. A flexible spline was used in it's place to retain the screen in place to the frame. You have several different sizes of this spline on your website and I want to know which size I should get that is the proper fit for a channel that is approx 1/4 inch wide.
Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I see, thank you for clarifying! The spline we use for this specific video is the .250 59-250. Hopefully this answers your question, but please let me know if you need anything else.

How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.