Hurd Slider Handle

A contractor from Portsmouth NH says:
I realize that this is discontinued. I looked at your Classic and the hole pattern is different. The mounting hole spread is 9 1/4" and the width is 1 1/4".
The Hurd p/n is 120-50.

Thanks.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but I'm not quite sure what part you're referring to on our website. If you could show us detailed photos of the part that you're replacing, as well as confirm that part number that you were looking at on our website, we can go from there. Thank you! 

Below are the photos of the handles to be replaced.
Your tech support suggested 81-087, however the spread on the through bolts is wrong.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Handle front
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Handle back
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. It seems like you may be referring to the 82-087 Legacy handle set. Unfortunately, we do not carry a handle set like yours with the same 9-1/4" hole spacing. Most modern handle sets come with either 3-15/16" or 4-15/16" hole spacing. 

Our best option in cases like this would be to see if you could adapt something like the 82-005 surface-mounted handle set to work as a replacement. This type of handle bypasses the need for an internal mortise lock but it would require making new installation holes in the door. You'd also need to make sure that you have space to install the keeper that comes with our handle set. Take a look and see what you think. 

Alternate image for 82-005
Alternate image for 82-005

Profile view of the 82-005 handle set
Profile view of the 82-005 handle set

Demonstration of the lock interacting with the included keeper.
Demonstration of the lock interacting with the included keeper.

Sorry, my wife would kill me if I installed those. They are awful. Any other ideas?
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we do not carry any more aesthetic options that would work for your repair. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.