Identifying window Channel balances

A quick learner from Washington State says:
Hi there, I'm looking to replace 2 channel balances for my windows the writing on both is (26 4 10 Caldwell) they measure at 27in. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20240414_223604531.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20240414_223502615.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20240414_223448113.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20240414_223443570.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20240414_223440780.MP.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I'm confident we can help, but I'd like to check one extra detail. Can you show me the point where the spring and pulley connect in the 'guts' of the metal channel? Once I take a look at that, I should be able narrow this down for you. Many thanks. 

Hi! Thanks for the quick response. Hope these pics help. Let me know if you need anything else from me. Appreciate your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20240415_015917660.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20240415_015940088.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20240415_015855840.MP.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

That's a huge help, thanks! Based on what I see here, you can use either our S380-27 or S385-27, depending on the depth of the bottom shoe. That's the only difference between them. I recommend measuring your shoe and referring to our dimensions to confirm the best match.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Thank you so much for your help and quick replies. I measured the bottom shoe and S385-27 will work. I want to buy them but I'm not sure what support weight to get.can you help me figure this out?
Profile picture of Bob

Sure, your old stamp of 26-4 usually corresponds to our 2640 stamp. Two balances with this option carry 19 through 26 pounds. If you have any doubts, you can always weigh your sash on a scale to verify that it falls in that range.

Awesome. Thank you so much for all your help. Just ordered them. Have a great rest of your week!
Profile picture of Bob

Great! We really appreciate the order, it means a lot.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of any further assistance.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.