Item question

A home owner from Concord, NH says:
I recently ordered part numbers 39-188 & 39-187 wanting to replace both crank handles in my daughters bedroom. Parts described have a total arm length of 5 inches. They are proper for a couple of my windows but the one needing to be replaced has a total arm length of approx 4-3/8" with the 5 inch arm the window is not allowed to fully close. Do you have another part number with a shorter arm length or can you advise if the arms can be swapped out?
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the 39-187 and 39-188. There is indeed a few options if the link arm length is the issue--the first and foremost solution would be to adjust the position of the stud bracket the arm attaches to on the sash, to make up for the different arm length. However, to be safe, can you send me pictures of your original operator? I want to be absolutely sure we know the 39-187 and 39-188 were the right options. Many thanks. 

Bob, Thank you for getting back to me.

I'll have attached pictures of what I have, some of my windows do have the 5" arm. Some are the shorter arm. I have held a measuring tape up to the arm as well. IMG_0073 I only took one picture of this window measurements are the same just the right side window vs the left side that all the other pictures were taken of
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0069.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0070.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0071.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0072.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0073.jpeg
And pictures taken from outside the house.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0074.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0076.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0075.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for verifying. I agree, our 39-188 and 39-187 look to be a match. They are identical in every way except arm size, though 5" is all we can offer at this time. My suggestion from the 24th therefore remains the best solution. You will need to redrill holes so that you can adjust the attachment bracket to make up the difference. 

Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.