Jalousie Operator Handle

A home owner from Largo, Florida says:
I ordered the Jalousie Operator Shown in the attached photo. It didn't come with the handle. I know need the handle that is stripped and will not turn the operator.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Handle_2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Handle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named JalousieOperator.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We sell replacement crank handles of a variety of sizes, but I'm not sure what size would work best for this application. Before we go any further, can you please tell me the exact diameter of the hole? I can then check our inventory for a match.

Attached is dimensions of the handle.
NOTE The groves inside pretty much come out all the way out to the start of the hole
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Dimensions.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! The only handle we sell that has a 5/16" spline like this is our 39-274. As it turns out, this is commonly used on older casement, jalousie, and awning windows, but not necessarily as old as yours. Therefore I cannot say for sure that it will work for you, only that it is the best possible match we can offer. Look it over and let me know if you had any questions.

Do the groves that go down the hole come pretty close to the start of the opening?
Profile picture of Tom

The 39-274 doesn't have any grooves or ribs on the inside of the hole. As I mentioned before, I can't guarantee that this is going to work for you, but it's the only size we carry that might.

Thank you for researching this for me.
I don't think this one is going to work.
Again Thanks,
Keith
Profile picture of Tom

I'm very sorry to hear that, but I understand. Please feel free to reach out if you had any follow up questions. Otherwise, best of luck with this project!

How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.