Jealousy window replacement

A home owner from USA says:

HI

My name is Phil,

I have 9 jealousy window crank handles and gear boxes that need to be replaced. Enclosed is a two pictures of the unit. The dimensions are 4 1/2 in tall x 2 3/16 wide. 7/8" thick. There are NO itentifying marks or names on the crank or assembly. From top to bottom including the mounting flanges it measures 5 7/8" tall and 2 1/4 " wide. I've included another picture. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ymail-tmp-1414084159.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ymail-tmp--1504433518.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named ymail-tmp--1939577736.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We don't have an exact match for your dimensions, unfortunately. Only two of our operators come close: our 39-074 and 39-280. I recommend that you look these two products over to determine if you could use either as a replacement.

I would like to move forward by ordering one of each of the replacement operators. 39-074

39-280

I will do a test replacement and if either one works will order the balance to complete the job. Let me know the process of ordering.

Thank you

Phil

Profile picture of Tom

Sounds good, Phil. All orders can be placed directly on our site at your convenience. 

HI Tom,
I was able to look at the diagram and dimensions of the 39-280 RH-AWNING operator. All of the dimensions match what needs to be replaced here except possibly the swinging arm. The diagram I have says it is 2 1/2 " what I thinj I need is 2 7/8",If that is a center to center meaurement. If it is edge to edge the 2 1/2 " dimension may work. Please advise.
Thanks
Phil Keck
Profile picture of Tom

Hello, Phil. The arm dimension we show for the 39-280 is from center-to-center. Typically, these link arms have a certain amount of play that lets you get away with a difference in size. The difference you describe is pretty big, though. I cannot be sure if it will work for you. 

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.