Jeld Wen Slider Lock

A handy person from East Hampton, NY says:
Hi -

We have a Jeld Wen sliding door and the knob on the lock broke off. I have attached photos of the piece along with the door where the piece attaches. It appears the piece broke and part of it is still inside the door.

We purchased the home in 2017 so I don't have any info about the sliding door and I could not find any identifying markings on the door other than those that pertained to the glass.

Any help you can give me as to purchasing either the replacement part for the lever or if necessary the entire handle / lock mechanism that would be appreciated!

Thanks

Rich
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named broken-piece.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named lock-handle-1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named lock-handle-2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named door-face.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20231209_172533640.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Rich. This thumb lever looks like our 82-107. Please compare. Now, a possible cause for this lever broken is due to the mortise lock in the door being broken. To test this, try manually throwing the lock with a slotted screwdriver. If it doesn't budge, that's how you know the lock is broken. This lock looks a lot like our 82-265, which uses the 82-249 Keeper. Please compare. 

How to adjust a sliding glass door
How to adjust a sliding glass door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
How to install a Legacy Handle Set
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Latch Lever
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.