Kilian Toronto roller

A home owner from Mastic beach, NY says:

I have screen doors and the rollers are marked: "Kilian" Toronto Can 8 Syracuse NY. The roller measures 1 4/16x 1 3/4. I would appreciate your help in locating replacements.

Thank you.
Joe

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 45082F03-1716-4DC7-9AFF-B24B00BD9F31.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0529A135-3FFE-4CC5-BC78-07F38AB09394.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 51AFFD2A-326B-4463-98F0-487E51DCBFAC.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 17E743FE-AB99-482E-8CE3-A3C298A31A3D.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Joe.  We may be able to help. Can you tell me the thickness of the housing? Can you also tell me the diameter of the wheel? That information would be a huge help for us, thank you!

A handy person from Mastic Beach,NY says:
I sent some pictures of the dimensions, hopefully they will work for you, if not please let me know.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 6BD6BCD3-6150-4CFF-AEB1-C39138F65A50.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 39ED7780-BB89-41BD-A5E1-CA8E0B1559BF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A9CFC35E-3F77-4461-9616-97ED83587085.jpeg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid I can't find a good match for this roller. The main obstacle is the style, since we just don't have anything like it. Take a look at the list of rollers I made on this page. I could only narrow it down about this far. Do you think you could adapt the 81-019 to your door? Or is your roller just the inside portion of a larger unit, sort of like the 81-071

Your best best might be to use one of the nylon wheels I listed, depending on your diameter, along with the 81-310 axle kit. You could also reuse your existing axle. 

To remove that broken screw, you will need to use a file to flatten the broken part of the screw so you can drill it out. You might also try a set of locking pliers if you can catch the screw. They also make what is called an "screw extractor," but you will still need to drill into the screw to use it.

A handy person from Mastic beach, ny says:
Can you telll me who originally manufactured the rollers? Is Kilian still around producing rollers?

Thank you
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm honestly not sure who made it. I wasn't able to find this part when I researched it.

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
How to Repair Sliding Glass Door Roller Wheels and Axles
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.